- 1/3 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 oz tequila blanco
- lime wedges and chopped cilantro for serving
- 1 Tbsp lime zest
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs shrimp, uncooked, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (leave the seeds in if you like a little heat)
- 2 oz triple sec (orange liqueur)
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- Mix salt and sugar in a medium bowl, then add shrimp. Turn it completely to cover it with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for an hour. Or, place the shrimp in a salt solution at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix with garlic, coriander, jalapeno, lemon zest and tequila, three seconds, olive oil and pepper.
- After putting the shrimp in salt water, put it in the filter. Rinse with cold water, dry it, and put it in a bowl with Margarita Sauce. Turn, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, but preferably 1-2 hours.
- Replace the grill with a high skewer (enter “C” through the head and tail) and bake on each side for about 2-3 minutes, or until tender, turn it over again.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice into shrimp and garnish with coriander and lemon.
Don’t skip dry salt water! This will be different when baking peeled shrimp to make sure it’s oily and drained.
Be sure to rinse the shrimp thoroughly after drying to make it delicious when baking, but not too salty.
1-2 hours is the best choice for pickled shrimp.
Do not cook! This can take up to 6 minutes on the grill, so be sure to do this as soon as the color turns pink.
I like to squeeze a lot of fresh lemon juice to consume. Really give them a taste of margaritas!
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Margarita Grilled Shrimp Skewers - How to Grill Perfect Shrimp!