- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken, from rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup milk
- 14.5 oz cream-style corn
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce
- 8.5 oz corn muffin mix, (such as Jiffy)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 cups taco cheese blend, shredded , divided
Optional Toppings :
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomato
- finely chopped cilantro
- chopped green onions
- sliced black olives
- sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Sprinkle 9×13 inch small ceramic plates with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the corn mixture, fat corn, eggs, milk, red pepper, cumin and one cup of cheese.
- Stir until mixed, then pour into a ceramic plate. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and hit the cornbread mixture several times with a knife. Pour the enchiladas in a saucepan. Sprinkle with chopped chicken and remaining cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes, then cut into small pieces and serve with optional extras. Enjoy!
If necessary, replace shredded chicken with the same amount of pork or minced meat.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Chicken Tamale Casserole