- 3.3 lbs / 1.5 kg of whole chicken, separate (or any bone in the skin see note)
- 3–4 cups / 750ml – 1litre Vegetable Oil, or as needed for deep frying (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon all: chili powder, cayenne pepper, white pepper powder, leek powder, garlic powder, salt
- 2 cups / 500ml Buttermilk
- 2.5 cups / 375g Plain/All Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 2 tsp EACH: Oregano, Baking Powder
- 1.5 teaspoons of salt, add the filling at the end
- 1 tsp EACH: Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- In a bowl, mix the wet mixture with chicken meat, making sure to completely cover it with spices. Close the lid and let it soak in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, but it is getting better (up to 24 hours). Before you intend to return it to room temperature, please remove it for at least 30 minutes (important fried chicken will make it rise and become rubbery).
- At the same time, mix all the dry mixes together. I find it easier to use a small tray, but you can also use a shallow bowl. Dip a piece of chicken in the mixture and cover completely. Be sure to get the mixture in all parts of the chicken, because this will make the “skinned” part make the chicken crispy. Place it on a tray and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Heat enough oil so that the chicken is comfortable. Enter the mixture, and if you slowly whisper to the top, you can leave. You want oil near 175C / 350F-180C / 356F. When the chicken comes in contact with oil, the temperature drops, it’s no problem, try to keep the heat around 320F / 160C. Zhonghuo must solve this problem.
- In the third batch (up to 4), gently pour the chicken into the oil. Fry for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, or until golden white in the middle (see note). If you are not sure how to fry, try first.
- When finished, place each section underneath with a tissue on a wire rack on the rack, and sprinkle with salt to remove the final moisture. Chicken must be heated with transparent juice. However, the chicken’s internal temperature is 165F / 75C (given that the chicken will continue to cook a little after degreasing).
A) What chicken is used? -I always use whole chicken because I like variants. If you do, I suggest cutting the breast in half so that it is the same size. I also cut the wings in half and fried them separately (because they cook faster). If you don’t want to use chicken completely, just use 10 small pieces that you like, drum sticks / chicken wings / thighs, and make sure to use the skin on the bones.
B) What oil is used for frying? – You want to use oil with a high smoking point and neutral flavor. Therefore, I use vegetable oil or sunflower. Olive oil is not suitable for frying.
C) How long is the frying time? – Depending on the workload, but at any time between 10-15 minutes. When putting chicken into oil, the temperature will drop from 350 ° F / 175 ° C to around 320 ° F / 160 ° C, so please keep it at this temperature. When the mixture is golden yellow, the inside is white and the juice is pure, cook the chicken. In fact, the chicken will continue cooking after removing the fat, because it will heat up. Make sure to heat up when piercing. Also, try cooking the same size food in the same group so that everything is cooked at the same level.
D) Calories – it is very difficult to calculate, because it is difficult to know how much fat and milk is absorbed, and it is difficult to know which chicken nuggets you will use. The calculation depends only on the use of chicken thighs, assuming that each submerged thigh contains half a cup of milk stalk, 1 cup of flour stalk, 1 teaspoon salted salt and 2 teaspoons of oil. Calories in the thigh. Only a little salt is needed for this calculation. He means play on words.
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Buttermilk Fried Chicken