- ½ cup (120 ml) chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 1 pound (454 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup (71 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) unsalted butter
- 2 sprigs thyme
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- ¼ cup (45 g) capers, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
- lemon zest, from one lemon
- To ensure the same dish, cut the chicken breast into two parts to make 4 servings. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the flour, teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Sprinkle the chicken breast in the excess mixture mixture and transfer to a plate.
- In a medium bowl, mix the lemon rind, lemon juice, chicken broth and capers. Sit on the side.
- Heat a large 12 inch skillet on medium heat. Add olive oil after heating. When the oil gets hot and starts glowing, put the chicken in the pan carefully. Cook until light brown, with the thickest portion of meat reaching 160 ° F (61 ° C), about 3 minutes on each side. Erase and transfer to the board.
- Add lemon sauce and a little thyme to the same pan used for cooking chicken. Preheat the liquid to medium temperature. Wipe the brown beets from the pan and stir until they dissolve in liquid. Dilute ⅓, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Bring the chicken back to the pan and cook on low heat over low heat for 5 minutes and cut the chicken in half. Transfer the chicken to a plate. Remove and delete thyme.
- On low heat, shake two tablespoons of butter in the sauce. Taste and season with more salt and pepper as needed. We return the chicken and pour the sauce on top. Garnish with lemon slices and parsley.
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Best Chicken Piccata With Lemon Sauce