- 3 Large Ripe Bananas
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Stick (1/2 Cup) Butter
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Sprinkle the pan with non-stick spray or oil with butter and set aside.
- Add the butter fingers to a large bowl and heat it in the microwave for one minute or until it melts.
- Add bananas to the same bowl and puree with a fork.
- Add vanilla and egg extract to the bowl and mash with the same fork and heart so that no egg yolk lines appear.
- In a large bowl, shake with flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the moist ingredients, then mix with the spoon until mixed.
- Pour the mixture into a prepared bread bowl and bake for 45-55 minutes until the toothpicks clean in the middle of baking.
Note for replacement: I have a few questions about replacing vanilla extract in this recipe. As always, the recipe is the best! I don’t recommend using almond extract because it tastes bad and almonds will replace bananas. You can add banana extract as needed, but remember, it will have more artificial banana flavor.
Pay attention to storing this bread: To keep the bread moist, please cool the bread completely, then wrap it in plastic wrapping paper, then store it in a zip-sized refrigerator bag, or place it in a large bowl from a plastic bowl. This will last 3 days on the table or 6 days in the refrigerator. Or, you can charge and freeze for up to two months.
Note on the cake tray: For this recipe, you will make a piece of bread using a standard size of about 9 x 5 inches. Or, you can use standard size muffin and baking molds for 25-30 minutes.
Other hints: If necessary, add 1 cup of beans or chocolate chips to the mixture.